Thursday, February 23, 2023

Griot Galaxy - Live at the D.I.A. 1983 (Released 2003)

 

 

 

       A fantastic and out of print live recording of one of the greatest Detroit jazz acts, enjoy! I often see Griot Galaxy compared to the Art Ensemble of Chicago, a comparison that I believe is apt, as they have quite a few similarities stylistically, however, that is not to say that Griot Galaxy lacks their own identity; This is astoundingly creative free/spiritual jazz of immense quality and a must listen for fans of the AACM sound.

       Download: https://mega.nz/folder/sq4Q3Zxb#hPzsVZS_9CoZFTlEXl7M4Q 

       Lineup: 

       Faruq Z. Bey - tenor, soprano, alto sax,

       David McMurray - tenor, soprano, alto sax

       Anthony Holland, alto, soprano sax

       Jaribu Shahid - bass 

       Tani Tabbal - drums, percussion

        

         




1 comment:

  1. Thank you Noissessprahs for this rare Griot Galaxy recording. I'm a fan of this ensemble since I've bought the Sound Aspecs LP in 1986. ANd here even with David Murray as guest. Cheers

    ReplyDelete

Griot Galaxy - Live at the D.I.A. 1983 (Released 2003)

              A fantastic and out of print live recording of one of the greatest Detroit jazz acts, enjoy! I often see Griot Galaxy compare...